1) Heat waffle iron to medium-high heat.
2) Combine the chickpeas, yogurt, oil, milk, and pitted dates in a blender or food processor and process until smooth. Double check that the pits and the ends of the dates (if there is one) are removed, because the pits are so hard they may ruin your blender.
3) In a medium-sized bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, sea salt and baking powder and mix well. Pour the chickpea mixture into the flour mixture and stir until just combined. There will still be some lumps of flour here and there. Don't over stir.
4) Spray the heated waffle iron with the cooking oil spray and add the batter.
5) Cook the waffles until light brown. Makes 24 waffle squares. Top with the cooked-down fruit syrup, real maple syrup, and additional yogurt as desired.