This thick, cold chocolate-peanut butter shake, made without the artificial taste of protein powder, is delicious! Perfect for a snack, dessert, or post-workout smoothie, I look forward to eating it. It’s hard to believe that it’s not a decadent ice cream shake. It contains 35 grams of high-quality protein using whole foods rather than protein powders. The bananas must be firmly frozen so the shake with be cold and thick. In fact, I pull the bananas out of the freezer right before putting them in the blender, so they don’t have a chance to thaw. Whenever my bananas are beginning to get overripe, I quickly peel and slice the proper amount of bananas for my recipe, and put them in the freezer to be handy for a future batch of this yummy shake. Shelled hemp seed is optional and doesn’t effect the taste or the consistency, but does add 10 grams of plant-based protein, as well as omega-3 and omega-6 fats and other great nutrients. Enjoy!
Chocolate Protein Peanut Butter Shake
- 1 - 2 Tbsp real maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp cocoa
- 4 Tbsp natural peanut butter
- 2 large or 3 small bananas, peeled, sliced, and frozen until firm
- 1 cup milk
- 3 Tbsp shelled hemp seeds (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a blender, puree until blended and serve immediately before it melts. Makes 2 cups. Enjoy!